Thursday, August 20, 2009

Lampy-lamps and shelfy-shelfs!

So, for the love of before and afters....though these before and afters only required a paint job, I thought I would share. I bought two candle-stick lamps at the Christmas Tree shop, this is a chain in the northeast that is full of cheap stuff that is not exactly what you want but on the way there. So I got these for $10 and $12, with some really awful, trying to be shabby chic but just plain shabby, lamp shades. So instead of using the shades that came with, I bought two more lamps for $8 each and used the black shades on them, and created new lamp shades for the other lamps(not shown).

After a sand, prime and coat of awesomely magenta paint they look perfect!

Here is an other fun project that used the same awesomely pink paint. I also found these shelves at the Christmas Tree Shop. I was looking for a plain flat shelf, but these are just soooo much cooler! However, I thought they needed something to bright them up. Instead of painting the entire shelf pink, which I was tempted to do, I went for the more subtle, but still uber chic, painting of only the inside. So you can still see the pink, but its not over-powering or too pink(though, is anything ever too pink? maybe a zit or a blushing face, but not really).


Above is a picture of the awesome tape job I did to make sure I got the pink only on the inside. I LOVE painter's tape, except when it sticks to the electric cords of the lamps you're painting.

And these are the shelves on the wall! So far, I have decided not to put anything too extreme in them yet, just little things people have given me. Notice the paper sculpture of the White House my boss gave me, and the little and awesomely-pink Russian doll in the smallest shelf, the "L" is from when a friend went to El Salvador for a working spring break trip!

3 comments:

  1. super awesome! you should prob put some bigger things in your shelves, eventually. but they still look great, and super chic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super idea! I loved The Christmas Tree Shop when we lived in Maine. It was sooo awesome! My friend and I would make the trip every so often. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great transformations! I want to check out my Christmas Tree Shops branch right now =)

    ReplyDelete